What transcreation is about.
Transcreation is a mix of translation and original copywriting. In English you may call it either localization, cultural adaptation or cross-market copywriting.
In other words transcreation is a translation – enriching the original message with the semantic implications of the words of the target language – according to the interpretations of a specific culture and target audience. A good transcreation balances the original message with its adaptation to the local language and culture, in order to truly speak to the target audience.
What kind of advertising texts needs a transcreation:
- web site texts and blog posts,
- DEM and newsletters,
- corporate and product brochures,
- advertorials and press releases,
- print ads, radio ads and TV spot scripts,
- speeches for conferences, fairs and special events,
- and much more.
Which skills the transcreator should have:
- advanced knowledge of the English language,
- translation skills from English into Italian,
- deep knowledge of the Italian language, marketplace and culture,
- last but not least, effective Italian copywriting.
Who needs a good trascreation?
- Advertising and marketing professionals – i.e. CEO, Marketing Directors or Account Executives – dealing with the Italian communication of an international brand.
- Either a medium or a small firm needing to communicate with its Italian market.
- Non Italian translation agencies – dealing with brands which are sold in Italy – willing to make sure their Italian translations sound good and communicate their message effectively.
Why asking me for a transcreation from English into Italian?
- Because transcreation is more than a simple translation, as it takes into account the differences within each culture and society and brings these differences into the translation.
- The transcreation is a more effective translation, enriching the simple translation and its message with a surplus of successful communication with its audience.
- Transcreation certainly increases each brand awareness, the effectiveness of its communication and the sales of its products and services.
My transcreation experience from English into Italian.
I transcreated, from English into Italian,for several customers such as World Writers of London, which localizes international brands’ advertising messages.
I had transcreated for many years for the Italian division of international brands (i.e.: Sanyang Italia and Yamaha Italia).
Moreover I have delivered transcreations for translation agencies located all over the world, working for international brands sold in the Italian marketplace. They contacted me through this web site.
Write to me directly for transcreation from English into Italian.
Here below you may find some brands I have done some Italian transcreation for:
- CIBA Vision
- Dr. Hauschska